James Lawyers advises and represents employers, employees, businesses, government organizations, professional associations, and unions in every type of matter affecting today’s workplace. These matters include drafting employee and executive contracts, negotiating collective agreements, hiring employees, terminating employees, restructuring, managing layoffs, and devising severance packages. We also deal with workplace issues involving occupational health and safety, human rights, short and long-term disability benefits, drafting and reviewing human resources policies and procedures, workplace investigations, regulatory compliance, and all other issues that arise in the modern workplace. As experienced litigators, we also represent our clients before the Ontario Courts, Federal Courts, and all employment and labour related boards and tribunals.
Specifically, we provide our clients with strategic advice and representation relating to:
- Wrongful Dismissal and Constructive Dismissal
- Drafting and Reviewing Employment Contracts and Severance Packages
- Executive Compensation and Contracts
- Restructuring, Lay-offs, and Downsizing
- Human Rights
- Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Confidentiality Agreements
- Commission and Share Disputes
- Collective Bargaining and Grievance Arbitration
- Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Directors’ Liability, Officers’ Liability, and Fiduciary Duties
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Harassment, Sexual Harassment, and Workplace Violence
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Corporate By-Laws and Other Company Policies
- Workplace Investigations
- Workplace Training
- Grievances and Arbitration
- Compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Appeals
James Lawyers is a leading firm practicing workplace law, well-known and highly-respected by our clients, colleagues, judges, adjudicators and mediators. We utilize proven strategies and alternative dispute resolution methods to achieve practical solutions and best outcomes for our clients’ legal matters. From the initial consultation through to the successful resolution of your matter, your workplace interests come first and we are committed to handling your matter in a professional and sensitive way in order to achieve your desired result.
In addition to acting on behalf of our clients, our lawyers write, publish, and present at legal conferences on all topics relating to employment and labour law. We make it a priority to keep up-to-date on all new developments in workplace law to ensure our clients receive the very best advice and representation possible.
We invite you to contact one of our lawyers today.